Legislation and useful sources of information
Legislation, Regulation and Codes of Practices
The following list may not be complete for all sites/circumstances:
- The Environment Agency's Code of Practice. Managing Japanese knotweed on development site (2006)
- The Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986.
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981(England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2004.
- The Environmental Protection Act (1990).
- The Controlled Waste (Registration of Carriers and Seizure of Vehicles) Regulations 1991.
- The Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) regulations 1991.
- The Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005.
- The Waste Management Licensing Regulations 1994.
- The Code of Practice for the use of Approved pesticides in Amenity Areas and Industrial Areas ("the Orange Code") a voluntary code produced by the National Association of Agricultural Contractors and the British Agrochemical Association.
Other useful sources of information
- Japanese Knotweed Code of Practice 'Managing Japanese knotweed on development sites' - Part 1
- Japanese Knotweed Code of Practice 'Managing Japanese knotweed on development sites' - Part 2
- The Japanese knotweed manual. Lois Child & Max Wade (2000)
- Giant Hogweed Management in the United Kingdom. Olaf Booy and Max Wade (2007)
Please note that The Knotweed Company is not responsible for either the link or any information obtained from these links, we provide these links in good faith.